4.15.2016

MARCH // KP

//
i chose heath ceramics as my "space & place" to visit for a recent design writing assignment. when i saw it was on the list as a possible choice, it was an easy decision. i've always wanted to go check out the sf location & it did not disappoint. they partner with blue bottle coffee & a local flower vendor so not only does the place smell incredible it's retail heaven. adrien came along with me to adventure and surprised me right at the door with a fresh bouquet of ranunculus. made my day & inspired my newest project life spread. 
//
//
//
i used a bunch of new kelly purkey stamps from this month's release. and yes...my favorite new alpha stamp is sadly sold out BUT i'm sure i'll have a new fave next month so don't even trip. i honestly just love playing with any style of type & that's what i wanted for this layout because it was already so full of patterns. mixing type is one of my favorite things & kelly's sets usually have a good range of different typefaces to play with. i won't tell you how long i agonized over getting the "this&that" card just right but i love the way it came out. & the no parking sign in my picture just begged for more type. kelly released the "gimme a break" set & i love that the sayings have a bad day vibe with a sense of humor attached. perfect for this photo of adrien looking very ... i'm handsome and old hollywood but doing something bad for me ... haha (you gotta cut back on the SMOKING. i know you're reading this sir.) i also used a couple of the word strips from the "lets make magic" set as an addition to my journal card. i know that set will get a ton of use because you can do so much with it. i threw in a few stamps from the adventure planner set as well & called it done. it's probably my favorite layout i have made in a long time. i'll be back soon to share another layout but, in the mean time, don't miss out on  what's left in the SHOP from kelly's march releases & if you're ever in the bay area or live close by definitely check out heath ceramics. 

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, every time you post something I feel SO inspired: Picture, Pl, a card...
    That this & that card made me buy the set.
    Just so awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so so much marta. that honestly makes me so happy. & you are SO lucky you got that set before it was gone! it is SUCH a good one. XO (wait until you see next months stuff!)

      Delete

drop me a line ...